Monday, May 13, 2013

Pink Paris Birthday Invitations

Finally, the Birthday Invites that I started way back in December!

It all started with the party plates that Little C picked out from BirthdayExpress.  (Picture at the bottom of post) Once those were selected, I entered the Pink Paris Obsession Zone!

I had an idea and had to do a couple test runs before I got the right look.  I knew I wanted to make the invitation information on a tag, and had to do a little looking before I found the right tag.  I ended up using the  Sizzix Bigz Die Tags #3.   The Eiffel Towers are from Spellbinders French Frills Dies - these took the most time, due to the detail on the design.  The background and tag paper are on BoBunny Blush Double Dot paper - polka dots up on the card and down on the tag.  The Eiffel Tower and tag pocket papers are from the Carta Bella Paris Girl collection.

I had to try several pinks to match the back paper to the Paris paper pink.  I stated out and stayed with a 6x6 card.  I played with tags a little too, alternating between pink and black.  The invitation information is on plain white cardstock and I had those pages printed at Kinkos.  I used pink baker's twine for the tags.  The invitations were mailed in vellum envelopes, with the design showing on the back of the envelope and the pretty pink showing on the address side.

I was so excited about how they turned out.  Little C loved them!  Soon to follow, I will have the post(s) on the matching water bottles, party treat bags, thank you notes, and the actual party.

Paris Birthday Party Invitations

Paris Party Invites with Invitation on the Tag

Paris Birthday Party Invites

Invitations in vellum envelope 

Party Plates, Napkins & Stickers from BirthdayExpress.com


No comments:

Post a Comment