Saturday, September 28, 2013

2013 Calendar

This is the calendar that I made for my mom.  I figured I should blog about it now, since it is almost time to do the next one.

She always keeps a calendar on the kitchen counter to write appointments and her bike miles on.   I wanted to make her something a little nicer than the advertisement/free/plain calendars she usually uses.  I made the grid for each month, had them printed at Kinkos, and then added the months/days/date.  I used papers that represented things she liked such as birds, bicycles, flowers, colors.   I did not use regular adhesive as I was afraid it would not hold up to the wear.  I used Scor-Tape which is my favorite adhesive because you can tear off the size piece you need.

I was nervous about her reaction and if it would fit the bill.  She loves it!  The back side of each page does not have a calendar on it, so additional notes and information can be written there.  The next one will have a little bit bigger squares for the days.   

I have already started getting the papers for the 2014 calendar and just  need to figure out how I am going to do each month grid.  

This makes a great gift, and aside from the planning and writing in the days, doesn't take too long to put together.  You can also buy pre-printed calendar pages, but to me that is like cake mix, and I like to make my own. :)
2013 Calendar Cover

2013 Calendar - January

2013 Calendar - February


2013 Calendar - March

2013 Calendar - April

2013 Calendar - May

2013 Calendar - June

2013 Calendar - July

2013 Calendar - August

2013 Calendar - September

2013 Calendar - October

2013 Calendar - November

2013 Calendar - December

No comments:

Post a Comment