Wednesday, May 30, 2012

First Anniversary = Paper

We celebrated our first anniversary on Monday!  This last year has been wonderful and flown by!

I made an album of photos of our first year.  When I started out, I had no idea that the traditional first anniversary gift was paper, so that worked out really well since the whole album was made of paper!

I made/designed the entire thing - cover, pages, everything.  I was so excited and really happy with how it turned out.  I finished it last Friday and it was so hard to keep it a secret until Monday.

I did a couple of trials, under the ruse of making a baby book for my brother and sister-in-law.  That way I was able to try out different things, and have them out in the open.   Now I have 2 pink books I may or may not use - I might just start over - but they will get a pink book!

I had spent about an hour browsing my favorite scrapbook store for the right paper and color scheme.  On that first trip I bought the cover paper, distress ink and the keys (which say love, memory and heart).  I was not sure if I was going to use both olive green and cream papers, so I bought both.  I ended up going back for 30 pages of the olive paper and a few cream pages.  I used distressed ink on the paper the photos are mounted on, and I liked the way that set the photos off/away from the pages, so I didn't use any of the cream paper.  I even found a pen that matched the distress ink.  As I have said before, I love it when things match!

Now I want to make my own albums for everything!!!!  It takes a lot of time though - gluing the pages together and doing the distressed ink on the edges was rather tedious.  So worth it for the final product!

Anniversary Album Cover 
Anniversary Album Inside Cover

Anniversary Album Inside Page

Anniversary Album Back Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment