Thursday, September 6, 2012

Zucchini Mania

I don't grow my own zucchini, so I don't have the problem of tons of zucchini to use up at once, but I do love zucchini and buy a lot of it.  I had two medium zucchinis I needed to use yesterday and this recipe looked really good.  It is!  I made one loaf in a bundt pan and it took about 40 minutes; the other was larger in a loaf pan and it took about 65 minutes.

I had 1 1/2 cups of shredded zucchini left and I almost made cookies, but I didn't want to get carried away, so I added it to a gnocchi & vegetable dish I made for dinner last night.   One of my new favorite things to do with zucchini is to cut it in sticks (like french fries) and bake on parchment paper for 20-25 minutes at 425.  I don't add any oil or anything and it quite tasty, especially with enchiladas and fajitas.

In my searching for recipes yesterday, I found a chocolate zucchini bread I will have to make next week, and some interesting cookie recipes.  As long as I can get my hands on good zucchini, I will be trying out more recipes.  Then it's time for some fall apple and pumpkin recipes!

Zucchini Bread

1 comment:

  1. Looks great. I am going to have to try the sticks in the oven....that sounds yummy too!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete