Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Summing Up

I didn't quit baking and crafting with the new year, it's just been flying by without a blog!

Here's a little bit of what I have been working on.....

I am slightly obsessed with Carta Bella's Paris Girl paper.  I had bought a few pages, and then the package of the collection.  I made a few cards and was thinking about different ways I could use the papers.  Then.........Little C and I started working on the plans for her 9th Birthday.  She picked Paris themed plates, and my obsession went in to overdrive!  That Saturday I overdosed on all things Eiffel Tower!  I ordered almost all the Eiffel Tower Paper the one site had, Paris themed dies, Eiffel Tower bling stickers and a ton of pink paper.  I have since bought more pink paper as the first 20 sheets were not the right shade, blossom pink bakers twine, and tag dies (which I love).  The final draft of the invite is pretty much done, but I will save the details for the post that shows the Birthday invite in all it's Pink Paris Prettiness!

Paris Birthday Card
Several weeks ago I was about to make brownies for a meeting I was going to.  It was early and also grocery day.  I didn't realize I only had 1 egg until I had already melted the butter for my brownies which use 3 eggs.  Luckily I had not gotten any further than melting the butter, so I decided to make a 1/2 batch of Chocolate Chip Cookies which only needed one egg and the same amount of butter I had just melted.  I had the thought - this is how new things get discovered.  Oh my goodness!  These cookies were amazing!  I think I had tried another recipe last year that had called for almost melted butter, but pairing the melted butter with the best CCC recipe is incredible!  I have done this several other times now, with great results.  The last batch I made was with 1/2 chocolate chips and 1/2 Valentine M&Ms - very good!

Chocolate Chip Cookies Revisited
I tried yet another new sugar cookie recipe and I love it!  I will try to find where I got it and share it soon.  Even though it looks like we made the cookies for the Red Hat Society, Little C and I made them for her big-girl-sitter's birthday.   We are making them as part of her school Valentines, so more on that later.   Speaking of Valentine's, I have made the new whoopie pies again and they were dreamy good, but the pictures weren't.  I am making them for the school party and will get a good picture.

Pretty Sugar Cookies with Sprinkles
I have made a couple calendars I will share soon.  Between Valentines, the party invites, and trying out all my new Paris themed items, paper has been flying at my craft desk!  And, I just got a printers tray at an antique store, that I am going to transform in to something really amazing (I hope).  So exciting!

The test kitchen is going to be hopping the next few days with Cherry Vanilla Cake, Whoopie Pies, Sugar Cookies and maybe some brownies.

Happy Valentine's week!

1 comment:

  1. The cards are way cute!!! I am sure that you will be very busy this week! Miss you!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete