Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine Sprinkle Sugar Cookies & School Valentines

Little C and I made her Valentines this year, and we added a homemade sugar cookie to each.
I cut 2 sided paper for each cellophane bag, and then we stamped strips of white paper for her to write her message on.   Then we made sugar cookies, which she rolled in the sprinkles.  We wrapped each cookie in plastic wrap and placed it in the back of the Valentine; then we sealed the bag with a sticker.

I baked the rest of the sugar cookies this morning at 5AM, and broke my cookie scoop!  A Valentine tragedy because I need it for the whoopie pies I am about to make.  Hopefully it will still work enough for that task.  Kitchen Lesson - don't try to scoop cookie dough when it is still hard from being in the refrigerator! :)

These are the new sugar cookies that I talked about the other day.  Click here for the recipe from Baking Bites.  The cookies have excellent texture and are pretty easy to make.

I hope your day is filled with lots of pink and red Valentine fun!
Valentine Sprinkle Sugar Cookies

School Valentine Front

School Valentine Back

No comments:

Post a Comment