Monday, May 20, 2013

9th Birthday Party - Candy Spoons, Party Favors, Water Bottles and Merci Notes

I debated on doing separate posts for the birthday party items, but decided to just put it all in one post.

Where to start.....The chocolate cake will show up in another post, but it was great and devoured!

The water bottles:  I took off the regular labels and replaced them with Paris paper.  They needed some extra strong adhesive at the seam.  I cut out pink circles and 9's, and black scallops and attached them to each bottle.  The plates had a white scallop, black circle and white circle; and I was going to copy this pattern, but I did not have the right circle punches and had already gone overboard.   They looked good   on the table.  When they ended up on the floor, the table and sticking to foreheads, I was glad I didn't go to any more effort! :)

The party favors:  I bought the zebra treat purses at Hobby Lobby and decorated them with a pink circle, black scallop, pink scallop and an Eiffel Tower bling.  The purses contained a string of pearls from Mardi Gras Outlet, a sticker that matched the plates, and candy spoons.  The pearls were very affordable and thankfully, I purchased them before Mardi Gras because currently they are out of stock.  The candy spoons were the main item for the favors.  I had first seen the idea on Sweetapolia's Blog, and I did a trial run a few months before the party.  I found black "formal" plastic spoons at Party City; they are a little bigger than a regular plastic spoon and the handles were more decorative.  I set the spoons on a jelly roll pan with the handles propped on the pan edges; this way the spoons were level.  I melted white chocolate and placed a small amount in each spoon.  I then sprinkled them with different kinds of pink sprinkles, pink disco dust, and silver stars.  After they were set up, I put each one in a cellophane bag and tied the bag with a pink and black Eiffel Tower ribbon.  Since I usually run out of ribbon, I had bought 2 rolls.  I could have used a third roll!  The ribbon was wide so it took more to make a nice bow. I managed to get enough to tie each bag, and have a piece left over for Little C to wear in her hair.

The party was at a dance studio.   The girls had an hour long hip hop class (to Toby Mac music), then ate lots pizza and chocolate cake.  Most of the candy spoons were eaten before they left the building. It was a lot of fun and I consider it a success!

And finally, the Thank You Notes.  I continued the Paris theme.  The Eiffel Tower paper is the same as I used for the invitations and water bottles.  The "merci" stamp is from Hobby Lobby.  I made flat cards and I gave Little C the white paper to write the notes on before it was attached to the back of the card.   So, now all that is left is putting the birthday scrapbook pages together.   It never ends! :)


Cake table with party favors and decorated water bottles.

Place Setting

Me with the party table

Party Favors

Party Favor Contents

Candy Spoons
Thank You Notes

Thank You Notes Front
Thank You Notes Back

2 comments:

  1. Wow....all of it looks great! You are so talented my friend!!!! I am sure that Carson was a happy little birthday girl!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. All I can say is...WOW!!!! You are so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete