Monday, October 24, 2011

Pumpkin Patch

I made my favorite sugar cookies over the weekend.   I have decided that these cookies are better without icing.  They taste so yummy on their own and icing just makes them too sweet!   They are generally a puffy cookie, but I was able to tone that down for a better result for shaped cookies.  These sugar cookies will be on the Test Kitchen menu, but with sprinkles for the decoration; that way the flavor of the cookies can be thoroughly enjoyed!

The icing I tried is good, but not the best for decorating larger cookies.
I will try a different sugar cookie recipe and royal icing for Christmas cookies.  
This icing in white and with rum rather than vanilla, is going to be on an Eggnog Cookie I am about to test.

Next up will be chocolate cupcakes with chocolate icing.

And, the jack-o-lantern turned out really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment