Tuesday, October 18, 2011

This Isn't Your Grandma's Texas Sheet Cake

I tried the White Texas Sheet Cake recipe yesterday.  It turned out well and was enjoyed by many.  I thought it would be a prettier cake, but as with Texas Sheet cake, the icing is more of a glaze than a pretty frosting.  I added the orange drizzle and got more of the look I was going for.  I will try this again, modify the icing a little, and add different decorations.  Overall, I really like the recipe and the finished product.  It sure does taste good!

Next up in the Test Kitchen, I am making my Sea Salt Brownies, to introduce them to a local salon.

I am also working on an album that is a collection of my Grandma's recipes.   This will be a sample of recipe albums that I will put together.  An 8X8 album with 20 pages, that will hold 10-40 recipes.  These albums will start at $30.  

No comments:

Post a Comment