Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Little Boy Blue and Pinkie Too

Yesterday I made the whoopie pies.  Growing up in Central Pennsylvania, I have always known what whoopie pies are.  They have become quite popular the last few years, but many people are not familiar with tasty creations.

I had never made them before and decided to try a recipe out for my book club.  As we were also celebrating the upcoming births of a boy and a girl, half were filled with blue and half with pink.

Next time I will thin the batter a little, so they aren't quite so puffy.  The filling is the same that I had used for the peppermint filled Christmas cake, only this was vanilla.  My mother used to always make green mint filling.  I think you will be seeing that in March for St. Patrick's Day, plus the chocolate and green look really good together.

I also made baby cards for the expectant mothers (see below).

Chocolate Chip Cookie update - batch one received good reviews.

Not sure what is next in the Test Kitchen.  I am working on several scrapbook projects on the Creative Design side, so that will be taking most of my time over the next week.  However, one cannot go without dessert for very long, so I will come up with something!  I am thinking Valentine cookies and cards in the near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment