Monday, October 15, 2012

Pretty in Pink

We celebrate Little C's 1/2 Birthdays, so I used that as an opportunity to try out another vanilla cake recipe.  I haven't tested any more vanilla cake recipes since the spring, but am still on the look-out for great ones.  This one is really good!  Four layers of yummy white cake and lots of pink fluffy frosting!!!    As usual, I was frosting the cake just as our dinner guests arrived, so I didn't have time for detailed frosting.  I was just excited that all four layers were staying place and the frosting was going on well.  Since I knew I couldn't get a perfectly smooth frosting finish and didn't have time to pipe on any frosting, I went with the whippy swirls.  Since decorating cakes is not my strength, I know I cannot a perfect looking frosted cake, but I think this is the prettiest cake I have ever done, and that makes me happy!  Little C loved the cake, and that really makes me happy!

I made so many things last week, but will have to remake to take some good pictures and blog about them.  For my book club I made an Autumn Pumpkin soup that was delicious, Pecan Pie Muffins that really tasted like pecan pie, and Butter Muffins that were really good.  I purchased a mini muffin pan (finally!) to make the muffins and fell in love with it right away.  Now I want to make everything in mini muffin form.  I tried brownies and that didn't turn out so well for reasons may review later, when I have success.  However, I did pull the tops off the brownie muffins and there were a hit.  They looked like brownie cookies.  I also made picnic cakes and chocolate chip cookies, but they are like all the others I have done posts on - still super delicious, but nothing new to write about.

Tomorrow is my Blog Birthday, so I need to think up something for that one!
Have a great Monday!

For the Vanilla Cake Recipe Click Here

Pink Frosted Vanilla Cake


Pink Frosted Vanilla Cake - Inside

1 comment:

  1. wow!! That cake is huge and looks so yummy!!!

    Erica

    ReplyDelete