Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Halloween Part 3 - Trick-or-Treat

We had decided months ago that Little C would be a French Girl for Halloween this year.  It started when I told her that I had made myself a wig and dressed up as a Cabbage Patch Kid the last year I went trick-or-treating (mid 80's - yikes).  She didn't care what she was, she just wanted a wig for her costume.  I made the wig out of brown yarn in 4 sections which I bobby pinned to her real hair.  The beret was anchored to her head by her forehead and the bun of her real hair.  She wore a black striped shirt and slim black pants.  I made her trick-or-treat bag out of a plain tote bag.  On one side I ironed-on an Eiffel Tower and a French Poodle, and wrote French words all over.  On the other side, I made a Pink Bling Eiffel Tower.    She said Bonjour and Merci at each house! :)

Since we were walking around with Little C for trick-or-treating, I made a box for the candy and sat it at the front door.  Surprisingly there was some candy left - honest little trick-or-treaters!  I covered a box in black paper and orange polka dots.  The sign on the front has 2 eyes and says to please take one handful only.  I was happy because the box matched the candy - Tootsie Rolls and Sixletts.

The Jack-O-Lantern was the best I think I have ever done.  We designed it based on a stencil book, but I didn't use the stecil - I like to make my design and draw it on myself.   We had such warm weather that Jack didn't last very long, but he was good for Halloween.

I got to do lots of creating for this Halloween and it was fun!
Candy Box
Jack-o-Lantern
French Girl Costume 
French Girl Costume

No comments:

Post a Comment