Monday, January 5, 2015

Chocolate Kiss Cookies - Peppermint, Hugs & Kisses

I first made this recipe about a year ago, for Valentine's Day - Hugs and Kisses Cookies.  Instead of a peanut butter cookie with a Hershey's Kiss on it, this is a delicious chocolate cookie.   The chocolate cookie is much more versatile than peanut butter.  The Hershey's Hugs and Kisses both tasted great.   A few weeks ago I made them with Peppermint Kisses - so yummy.  The chocolate cookies even taste wonderful by themselves.  Both times I have made them, I have frozen half of the dough and it works out quite well.   I think mini peanut butter cups would be good on these too!  Santa brought a lot of those, so I may try it when I bake the 2nd half of the batch.

Click here for the original recipe that I found on allrecipes.com.

I baked mine on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper, for 8 minutes.  I added the kisses and removed from the pan immediately.  Warning! - it's too tempting to not try one right away - just beware that the kiss is super soft and will go everywhere if you are not careful.  I think this is the best way to eat them - within a few minutes or an hour of baking them, while the kiss is still soft.  It's worth the mess!   And, to avoid destroying the beautiful cookies, store them in single layers.

This is a perfect way to start the transition from Christmas to Valentine's Day!


Peppermint Kiss Cookies

Hugs and Kisses Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment