Monday, January 5, 2015

Cranberry Orange Doughnuts

These are the BEST!  They are perfect, not other way to describe the yummy-ness!

The original recipe came from Two Peas & Their Pod, for Orange Cranberry Bread.  I am still fixed on making all quick breads into doughnuts!  The only thing I changed in the recipe, besides the shape, was that I used rice milk instead of buttermilk.  I used the small cookie scoop to fill each doughnut well - 4 scoops per doughnut.  I baked them at 350 for 15 minutes.   The glaze is easy and really good.  As with all my doughnuts, as soon as they were cool I wrapped them individually in plastic wrap, placed them in large Ziploc bags and put them in the freezer.  It's so great to have a doughnut stash in the freezer!  They don't take very long to thaw and taste like they just came out of the oven.   Right now we have a few of these, chocolate, lemon zucchini, and pumpkin doughnuts in the freezer.


Click here for the original recipe.
Cranberry Orange Doughnuts 
Cranberry Orange Doughnuts

No comments:

Post a Comment