Thursday, January 15, 2015

Name Frame - Star Wars Theme

This name frame is for a Star Wars fan.  When I was first asked to do a name frame for Mr. SBQ's friend, I didn't know any specifics about colors or themes.  I figured I would do black and cream because that is classic and goes with anything.  I wasn't quite sure how I wanted to do the background for this, and then it hit me......they love Star Wars, so I will get a book and use the pages as the background!  I went to Half Price Books and slightly begged for help finding a book; they were very kind to help me find one that would suit and sold it to me for $1!

I randomly tore out pages from the book, but I did make sure there were some main characters names that showed up here and there on the pages.  I trimmed each page and then just started attaching them at different angles.

I tried to do mod podge on the first background, to seal the pages and give it a nice finish.  The paper curled too much when it dried, so I did another one and just used regular adhesives to attach the pages.

I used lower case letters so I could double mount them and I liked the way they looked better than capital letters.

I attached the book cover to the back of the frame.

It's funny because I was stuck on how to do this frame and then when the Star Wars theme popped into my head, it all came together.  You can't force creativity!

Star Wars Name Frame - Close-up

Star Wars Name Frame - Front

Star Wars Name Frame - Back

No comments:

Post a Comment