Thursday, January 1, 2015

Yes, It's A Cake!

Happy 2015!

I made our favorite chocolate cake for New Year's Eve Dinner.

I sent the close-up picture to someone who shall remain unnamed (Mother).
Her response:  Is that a cake?  Interesting!
So, yes, it's a cake.  No, it didn't turn out as I pictured in my head, but it's not too far off either.  It has nothing to do with Frozen, and a lot to do with the snowflake sprinkles I forgot to use for Christmas.   The important part......it tastes amazing!  I made the Hershey's Chocolate Cake that is my stand-by recipe and my favorite buttercream frosting.  (see prior posts)  I used sky blue and white food coloring gel for the frosting, silver disco dust, and tons of snowflake sprinkles.

I am working on my goals for 2015, but I am not going to resolve to blog more because I did that last year and it had the opposite affect! :)  In the Spring I lost a whole year's worth of photos, which was super disappointing and took away a lot of my potential blog post pictures.  I have accumulated a good library again now, so I am hoping to have a better blogging year.

Here's to a happy and healthy New Year, with lots of creativity and productivity!

Chocolate Cake with Wintery Blue Buttercream Frosting & Snowflake Sprinkles

Chocolate Cake with Wintery Blue Buttercream Frosting & Snowflake Sprinkles

1 comment:

  1. It totally IS a Frozen cake...go with it! :) looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete