Sunday, December 25, 2011

Cookies for Santa

Merry Christmas!

The baking mania continues!  In the last week I tried two new sugar cookie recipes, but I think I like the one I have been using much better.  The first had lemon zest and the second had sour cream.  They both had good flavor, but nothing exciting.  I don't like a bland sugar cookie.  They had good structure for decorating.  The only thing is, I was going to make royal icing and decorate both batches at once, but I tried one of the sour cream cookies yesterday and wasn't sure if I even liked it.  So, I am not decorating those.  I will make some more cookies and decorate them with a winter theme rather than Christmas.

I did make a double batch of the lemon zest sugar cookies and Little C (that will be my blog name for our 7 year old daughter) cut out and decorated half of them.  I did not think it was possible to use an entire 6 pack of sprinkles on one batch, but she came very close!  We had a lot of fun and she was very proud of her cookies!

Yesterday I made Oatmeal Cookies - part of the batch was cinnamon raisin for Santa, and the rest of the cookies were chocolate chip.   Santa's plate was clean this morning, so I assume he loved the cookies we made for him!

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment