Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Joy To The Book Club

This week I had my book club Christmas meeting/party at my house.
Every year I make them an assortment of treats which always includes peppermint bark, peppermint brownies, and cayenne shortbread (aka cheese wafers).  This year I added the white chocolate cherry shortbread.

I change the packaging each year and have the container as part of the gift.  One year I did a decorated photo box with each person's initial and favorite colors, and another year was a Christmas tin.  Last year I used black photo boxes and attached wire ribbon (black, white and red Christmas pattern) to look like the box was a wrapped package.

This year I started with a Christmas tin tray.  The shortbreads were both packaged in cellophane and tied with a red wire ribbon.  The peppermint bark candies and peppermint brownies were each in the small boxes below.  I wrapped the entire thing in cellophane and tied it with a red ribbon.

For dinner I made a delicious new soup - Chicken Vegetable Soup with tortellini, fennel, kidney beans, Swiss chard and several other ingredients.  I served the soup with warm rolls.  Dessert was a brownie topped with peppermint ice cream, homemade whipped cream and crushed peppermints.
We had a great Christmas book club!

Packaged Christmas Goodies

Tray with Cayenne Shortbread and White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread

Box of Peppermint Bark Candies added

Second box with Peppermint Brownies added

Final product

No comments:

Post a Comment