Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I'm Dreaming Of A White Christmas Cake

A cake full of Christmas deliciousness!
I had been concocting this cake in my head for the past few weeks.
It is four layers of super moist chocolate cake, pink peppermint filling between each layer, and vanilla icing.

The peppermint "plate" idea came from Southern Living.

I used my favorite chocolate cake recipe.  The filling is a whoopie pie filling recipe that includes marshmallow cream.  I wish I knew how many drops of red food coloring I used to get this perfect pink color, but the food coloring was a new bottle that squirted rather than dropped, so I got a lot more than I expected with one squeeze!   The vanilla frosting is the new recipe that I had tried a few months ago.

It made for a pretty and yummy Christmas dessert!



No comments:

Post a Comment