Monday, March 19, 2012

A Chocolate Fix Every Day

Chocolate, Chocolate, and more Chocolate!

I made 2 dozen chocolate iced chocolate cupcakes last week, mostly for a Book Club Birthday Celebration.   The recipe made a little more than the 2 dozen cupcakes, so I made a 5" round cake which Little C frosted with the extra icing.   I will be making these a lot in the next few weeks for several birthday parties.  I want to change up the frosting a little, as the cocoa is giving my some problems in the mixing.   They are my stand-by/favorite chocolate cake and frosting, which is a birthday favorite.

Later in the week, while my parents were visiting, I made the Chipotle Sea Salt Brownies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.  They were both delicious!   The CCC's were the winning recipe and they turned out as good as they did the first time.  No pictures of either of them as they all look exactly like the last time I made both! :)

I didn't get to make the green filled whoopie pies for St. Patrick's Day.  I may still make them this week.  With all the Spring Break activities and my parents visiting, there was only so much baking I could do.  And, it was more important for me to have my parents and our dinner guests taste the CCC's.

I also want to try out some more vanilla cake recipes because I need a good one for 2 of the birthday parties.

It's only Monday, so there's a lot of baking that can be done this week!


Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Icing

Box of Chocolate Cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment