Tuesday, April 3, 2012

White Cake Test Recipe 2 + Strawberry Frosting

I think I found my white cake!

It all started with the most recent issue of Southern Living, which I unfortunately looked at before I went to sleep one night.  It got my brain going with so many ideas that I had trouble sleeping.
There was this beautiful Strawberry Mousse Cake and I just HAD to make it.  The next day I was trying to figure out how to make the cake for dinner - the cake consists of 4 layers of white cake, strawberry mousse filling, and strawberry icing; and it had to chill for 3 hours after the mousse filling was added between the layers of cake.  I did not have that much time, still needed several of the ingredients and wanted to surprise my family with the cake for dinner.  Thankfully, the idea struck me just to make cupcakes out of the white cake recipe and to frost them with the strawberry icing.

I needed to try out another white cake recipe anyway.  I made the cupcakes, broke one open, and was so excited about the cake!  It gets an A+ for texture, flavor and good looks!  The strawberry frosting tastes like strawberry ice cream.  The two together were incredible!

I made a 5" cake with the extra batter; below is a picture of a piece of cake to show the texture.

I am sure I will try out a few more white cake recipes, but this one is excellent!   I still need to make the Strawberry Mousse Cake before strawberry season is over, but that will have to wait for another week.  Little C's birthday is coming up and I am just happy I have a great white cake recipe for the million cupcakes I need to make for her parties. :)

White Cupcake with Strawberry Icing

White Cake Piece with Strawberry Icing

No comments:

Post a Comment