Friday, April 13, 2012

Happy Birthday Little C

I never claimed to be a cake decorating pro, let me start with that.
Little C wanted a cake with 2 sizes of round layers.  Being the resourceful person I sometimes am, I made the rounds with the extra batter from the party cupcakes.  I was very glad I did because I needed a break from mixing up another cake in such a short period of time.  Plus, it was Easter!
She knew she was getting a layer cake with chocolate frosting, but the rest was a surprise.
I had three layers of the larger circles, two chocolate and one white; and one white smaller circle.
The frosting between the layers was pink buttercream.  Then, I frosted the entire cake with chocolate frosting.
I had problems with that top small layer.  I wanted to have pink frosting between it and the larger layers, and didn't have anything to anchor it in place.  So, of course, it decided to move a little.  This was the first time I did this with a cake and next time I will do it a little differently.  Once the pink decorations and candles were added, it looked pretty good.  Little C loved it and said she liked that it was leaning!  :)  She was surprised with the inside and it tasted great - so, that's really all that matters!

Birthday Cake

Birthday Cake and Presents

Birthday Cake Slice

Birthday Cake

1 comment:

  1. Hope you had a great birthday Carson!!! Treva did a wonderful job on that cake! Great photography Gary!! :)

    Erica

    ReplyDelete