Monday, April 9, 2012

Birthday Party Fun

Saturday was Little C's Birthday Party.  What fun it was!

We had decided on a pink and brown theme, based on the cupcake liners she chose for her party.
The cupcake liners were pink with brown polka dots.  The invitations, which I have been waiting until after the party to post, were also pink and brown. (separate post to come)

I made 24 white cupcakes and 24 chocolate cupcakes.  I made a double batch of pink buttercream frosting and frosted half of the cupcakes.   The other half were left plain so the children could decorate their own cupcakes.  I used 2 ounce plastic to-go condiment containers and gave each child containers of pink frosting, brown jimmies, and pink M&M's.  They were able to pick white or chocolate cupcakes and decorate them as they chose.  Of course I had pink plastic knives for them.  It was interesting seeing them get to work, and a lot of fun!

The party favors were homemade marshmallows, coated in a mix of light pink and hot pink sugar.  I tied each one with a pink and brown ribbon.  This is only the second time I made the marshmallows and this batch turned out even better than the first.  This time I had a candy thermometer and didn't whip the batter quite as long.  They were so soft and fluffy!

This was the 2nd of the 3 birthday celebrations - so, lots more to come!


Pink Marshmallow Party Favors

Marshmallows

Pink Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes

Boxed Pink Frosted Chocolate Cupcakes

Birthday Party Table

No comments:

Post a Comment