Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ho Ho Cherry-O

In the Test Kitchen today.....White-Chocolate Cherry Shortbread!

I found this recipe last week and had to try it out.
The shortbread dough was a great consistency without any modifications, however, I would add a little more almond extract next time so that you can taste the flavor.  This is a sweet shortbread with cherries and white chocolate in the cookie.  (A big change from the Cayenne Cheese Wafer shortbread I usually make.)
The full recipe calls for dipping the cookies in white chocolate; I followed the recipe and did not like how the white chocolate turned out.  It was not dip-able at all.  I spread some white chocolate on a few of the cookies, but did not care for how it looked.  I will do plain melted white chocolate and dip the remaining cookies.  

I am very pleased with the cookie part and I think with a few changes, I will like them dipped in white chocolate.  I am definitely adding this to my Christmas cookie list!

Tomorrow is Pumpkin Pie, Banana Bread and whatever else I decide to whip up!
I haven't forgotten about the marshmallows, I just haven't gotten there yet! :)

White-Chocolate Cherry Shortbread

1 comment: