Friday, November 18, 2011

Pumpkin Spice and Everything Nice

I have made two pumpkin spice cakes this week. 
I doubled the recipe for the cream cheese icing, so that every piece had plenty of coverage.
I haven't had anyone try this cake and not love it!
The cake is so light and moist, and of course when you add cream cheese frosting to something like this, it's amazing!  

Test Kitchen lesson for the week - don't treat this type of icing like regular cake icing!  It should really only be on the top; when the sides are iced, it doesn't go as smoothly as regular icing.  And I don't mean texture; I am talking about the icing not cooperating and the ensuing stress!  But like my wise mother pointed out, I am a Test Kitchen and have to try new things to see if they work or not!    

Here are a few responses from an office that enjoyed the one cake:
"Great Cake! Thanks"
"Mmmmmmmm, mmmmmmm good!"
"I broke my no-carb for it -- it's great"

I haven't made it to the homemade marshmallows yet this week, but there is still time!
If not, I will try it out on Monday!
Happy Weekend!




Pumpkin Spice Cake with Cream Cheese Icing

Boxed Pumpkin Spice Cake

No comments:

Post a Comment