Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.....Frozen Yogurt

"Don't eat the cookie dough, you don't know if the egg is OK"
How many times have I heard and said that!?!  I wondered, without going any further, how recipes had raw chocolate chip cookie dough in them without poisoning anyone.  Well, I came across this recipe for   Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt and the mystery was solved!  No eggs, almost as simple as that!

It looked rather interesting - cookie dough, a little yogurt, and a few hours in the freezer.  No ice cream freezer needed.

I had finally purchased mini chocolate chips (Ghirardelli) so that I had them for this recipe and did not have to create my own as I normally do.  I made the dough and it tasted pretty much like chocolate chip cookie dough.   I gave Little C a sample of this part of the surprise dessert I was making - her eyes got big and she made this squeal of delight that she does when something is very good.   Either that, or she was in shock that I was giving her raw cookie dough to eat!  I then folded in a cup of Vanilla Greek Yogurt until it was smooth.  The one recipe I looked at had used Chobani Vanilla Yogurt, so I tried that too.  I had never eaten Chobani and it has a bit of a tangy flavor.  I think next time I will use Fage Greek Yogurt since it has a smoother flavor.

Once the mixture was nice and smooth, which at first didn't seem like it was going to happen, but all of the sudden did, I put it in the freezer for a few hours.  I think mine was only in the freezer for about 3 hours and it was frozen solid.  I didn't get fancy with my presentation.  I was just scooping out servings for dessert and snapped a quick picture.  

The yogurt looks and tastes like big scoops of chocolate chip cookie dough!  It is very rich and was enjoyed around our table!


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Frozen Yogurt

2 comments:

  1. Ok....I think I need to try and make this one! Man...I can not read your blogs first thing in the morning!!! Makes me hungry all morning!!!

    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Treva! I am so happy that you gave my recipe a try and liked it so much! Thank you for spreading the word about this deliciousness :) I loved the description of your little one's squeal of delight! ( swoon ) Thanks for linking up! Have a fabulous day!

    ReplyDelete