Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Vanilla Gelato with Peach Sauce

I had been looking at gelato recipes, again, and found a Vanilla Gelato that looked simple and tasty.
I did not have any cream, nor did I want to use heavy cream, so I just used whole milk.   The recipe used a vanilla bean which gave it a wonderful vanilla flavor.  I used 3 cups of milk, 1 cup of sugar, and 1 vanilla bean.   It takes a little time because you cook the vanilla bean in the milk, let that cool, chill in the refrigerator, then put it in the ice cream maker.   I only left mine cool for a few hours because I wanted to have it that evening, but even though it was a little soft, it was very good!

I had some peaches that I needed to use and I was looking for something good to go with the Vanilla Gelato.  The gelato mixture was chilling in the refrigerator and I was reading all kinds of peach recipes hoping to find something before dessert time.  I found this Peaches in Brown Sugar with Rum Sauce recipe that looked like it would be the perfect match to my gelato.  Butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, rum......yummy!  

(If you want the recipes, just click on the underlined names)

Vanilla Gelato with Peach Sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment