Monday, August 27, 2012

Zucchini Cupcakes with Caramel Frosting

I have been eyeing up different zucchini recipes, trying to find the perfect one to make before the summer is over.  I found a good one, but I will keep looking!

These Zucchini Cupcakes from Taste of Home, are very tasty.  The cake is moist and has a nice spice flavor, and the homemade caramel frosting is good.  The recipe called for baking the cupcakes 20-25 minutes, I set the timer for 20 minutes and I think 18 would have been better.  I boiled the butter, brown sugar and milk for the frosting; and then let it cool before adding the powdered sugar.  It smelled so warm and yummy!  I used the full 2 cups of powdered sugar and it may have been just a little too much.  I was having trouble spreading the frosting, so I formed it in to balls and pressed it on each cupcake - turned out much better!

Although these are very good, I am not a huge fan of caramel, so that may be part of why these are not winning me over as the best zucchini dessert ever.  I am still partial to the super moist zucchini cake my mom always made with cream cheese frosting.  

Happy back to school!

Zucchini Cupcake

1 comment:

  1. Oh....these look so yummy!!!!!! I love Zucchini bread...so adding a frosting could only make it better!!!

    Erica :)

    ReplyDelete