Thursday, August 30, 2012

The Best Zucchini Cake

Now this is what I call Zucchini Cake!
So moist and delicious - the best!

I told my mother about the Zucchini Cupcakes and how they were good, but not what I had in mind.  She gave me the Zucchini Cake recipe that she uses, which came from her Amish friend.

It is very simple and I will share:
2 cups grated zucchini
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 cups flour
1 cup oil
3 eggs
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder

Mix it all together and bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
I started testing the cake at 25 minutes, and then checked it every 5 minutes.
Mine took about 40 minutes which I assume was due to the amount of moisture from the zucchini.

My alterations were that I used extra light olive oil, and 2 whole eggs & 1 white.
Any time most recipes call for over 2 eggs, I just use whites for the additional eggs.

I frosted  the cooled cake with cream cheese frosting.
I used 1-8oz package of cream cheese, 1 stick of unsalted butter, 2 teaspoons of vanilla, and 4 1/2 - 5 cups of powdered sugar.

Little C said it was so good she wished she could take the whole thing to her room. :)


Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting

No comments:

Post a Comment